– Alberta School Boards' Association
School Board Election Day: Monday, October 18, 2021
- Ward 1 - Eaglesham/Woking/Rycroft
- Ward 5 - Grande Prairie West/Wembley
- Ward 7 - Grande Prairie East/Grovedale
Am I Eligible to Vote?
- be over the age of 18,
- be a Canadian citizen,
- reside in the PWPSD boundaries on election day.
When and Where do I Vote?
Election Finances and Contributions Disclosure
Every candidate should review Part 5-Election Finances and Contributions Disclosure of the Local Authority Election Act (LAEA). Every candidate (including a candidate who withdraws) is required to file a disclosure statement (Form 26-Campaign Disclosure Statement and Financial Statement) with PWPSD on or before March 1, 2022. This form* is attached below along with a general information about election finance contributions.
- *Form 26 - Campaign Disclosure Statement and Financial Statement
- Information About Election Finance Contributions
*Please note this is a provincially protected form that may not open in your internet browser. If you are unable to view the form, right-click the button, select "save link as", download to your personal computer, and then open with Adobe Reader. Another option is to download the election form from the Government of Alberta website.
- Alberta School Boards' Association (ASBA)
- Public School Boards’ Association of Alberta
- Education Act
- What do school boards do?
- Alberta Education School Board Elections Guide
- ASBA Elections 2021
- ASBA Trustee Election Guide
- ASBA Trustee Campaign Checklist
- Local Authorities Election Act
- Education Act
- ASBA Municipal Elections 2021
- Municipal Elections
- PWPSD Policy JAA: Electioneering and Politically Motivated Communications
- Alberta Health Services has provided a new resource with the very latest information on how to reduce the risk of transmission of respiratory infections, including COVID-19, while conducting the upcoming elections. It is available at COVID-19 information : guidance for elections - Open Government (alberta.ca).
- This is a separate resource from the one developed by Municipal Affairs which can be found on our Municipal Elections – Overview page.
- Policy BBG: Trustee Code of Ethics
- Policy BBF: Trustee Code of Conduct
- Policy BDDI: Trustee Attendance
- Policy BCBA: Board Chair/Vice Chair and Trustee Powers and Duties
- Policy BBA: School Board Powers and Duties
- Policy BCE: Board Committees
- Policy BHD: Trustee Compensation and Expenses
- Policy BHB: Trustee Development Opportunities
- PWPSD Policy Manual – Section B - School Board Governance and Operations is specifically applicable to trustees.
- PWPSD Trustee webpage – Information about Board meeting dates and times, agendas and news.
- PWPSD website – Information about the division, its schools, calendars and more.
- PWPSD Board Work Plan - Draft guide for the Board: dates, times, topics are subject to change (below)
Board Meeting Dates 2021-22
In keeping with the Alberta Government's COVID-19 mandatory measures, PWPSD is limiting in-person meetings. Board meetings will be held using Google Meet for the foreseeable future. Please email JoAnn Vanstone, Corporate Secretary, before 9:30 a.m. on the morning of the Board meeting for connection details joannvanstone@pwpsd.
Click the name of each candidate to see the most recent information received.
Ward 2-Bonanza/Savanna/Spirit River
- Dwayne Speager
Ward 5-Grande Prairie West/Wembley
Ward 6-Sexsmith/Teepee Creek
Ward 7-Grande Prairie East/Grovedale
- Lisa Arlint