Grande Prairie, AB – Peace Wapiti Public School Division (PWPSD) has been advised of a case of COVID-19 at Peace Wapiti Academy (PWA). The individual last attended the school on Thursday, March 25. School administration communicated the information to families and staff on Tuesday, March 30 after learning about the positive test result and receiving direction from AHS.
Out of respect for the individual, and in accordance with AHS guidelines, no further information will be shared about this case. PWPSD and PWA wish the individual a safe and speedy recovery, and will continue to work closely with AHS to ensure necessary measures are in place to protect all students and staff.
School remains open for in-person learning, close contacts advised to isolate
On Tuesday, March 30, school administration provided the following information to all families and staff members:
- The plans set in place to create zones and cohorts at PWA have worked as planned, and helped in the successful completion of contact tracing with AHS.
- The identified close contacts must isolate at home until Friday, April 9. Since this date falls within the week of Easter Break, all isolating close contacts will return to school on Monday, April 12.
- Remote learning opportunities will be provided to isolating students.
- AHS is expected to provide all close contacts with further direction on testing and isolation instructions.
- Students and staff not identified as close contacts do not need to isolate and can return to school on Wednesday, March 31.
- The school has been disinfected.