A warm welcome is extended to parents and children as they take the first step in their educational journey when Kindergarten online registration for the upcoming 2021-22 school year opens at Peace Wapiti Public School Division (PWPSD) on March 2.
Key points to remember when registering online:
- Kindergarten registration will be open to all children turning five in 2021.
- As of March 2, 2021, families can register online from the comfort of home at www.pwpsd.ca/registration.
- Those who register by March 31st will be entered to win an iPad – draw date is early October.
- First-time users will need to set up an online registration account, and then complete the registration process.
- Families with children already enrolled at a PWPSD school can simply log in to their existing account and complete the steps to add another child.
- Those without Internet access should contact their school for assistance.
- A birth certificate and proof of residency are requirements for online or in-person registration.
- The school office will contact families to let them know their application has been approved.
PWPSD’s registration webpage also provides a helpful ‘How to Register Online’ webpage and other valuable resources, including links to the Kindergarten webpage and school boundary maps. Free transportation is provided to students who qualify due to distance from their boundary school.
PWPSD schools offer full-day and half-day Kindergarten programming options. In addition to Junior Kindergarten and playschool, PWPSD and its partners also provide supports to preschool children as young as two years and eight months old who have been identified as having mild, moderate or severe disabilities.
“A quality early childhood program lays the groundwork for a child’s success,” says Karen Chrenek, District Principal at PWPSD. “We are ready to work with families to ensure their children experience developmentally-appropriate learning that will set them up for success in the future.”
Ms. Chrenek stresses the importance of registering children early to provide preparation time for this exciting event.
“Our schools will continue to register students throughout the current school year and after the summer break when offices reopen near the end of August – even after the school year has begun. However, the best case scenario comes from registering early.”
Some schools begin the school year with staggered entry – introducing small groups of Kindergartens to the school on different days – while others choose to delay the start of Kindergarten until after older students have settled back into the school routine. School start-up dates and times are published under the registration link on school websites in August.
PWPSD offers 19 elementary school options to families, including Harry Balfour School, located in the heart of Grande Prairie and Whispering Ridge Community School, located north of city limits.
Families can use PWPSD’s school boundary maps to locate their boundary school, or call Central Office at (780) 532-8133 for assistance.
Photo Caption: Peace Wapiti Public School Division’s 19 elementary schools offer high quality early childhood programming – the groundwork for a child’s success. Online Kindergarten Registration for the 2021-22 school year will open on Tuesday, March 2.