Grande Prairie, AB – Peace Wapiti Public School Division (PWPSD) has been advised of a fourth case of COVID-19 at Beaverlodge Regional High School (BRHS). The individual last attended the school on Friday, February 5. School administration communicated the information to families and staff on Saturday, February 13 after learning about the positive test result and receiving direction from AHS.
Out of respect for the individual, and in accordance with AHS guidelines, no further information will be shared about this case. PWPSD and BRHS wish the individual a safe and speedy recovery, and will continue to work closely with AHS to ensure necessary measures are in place to protect all students and staff.
School remains open for in-person learning, close contacts advised to isolate
On Saturday, February 13, school administration provided the following information to all families and staff members:
- The plans set in place to create zones and cohorts at BRHS have worked as planned, and helped in the successful completion of contact tracing with AHS.
- The identified close contacts must isolate at home until Saturday, February 20.
- With the school currently categorized as ‘on alert’, any close contacts who develop symptoms and need to book a COVID-19 test should quote “Case 2021-EI-943” when booking a test online or by calling 811, to assist AHS in tracking where transmission may be occurring.
- Remote learning opportunities will be provided to isolating students.
- AHS is expected to provide all close contacts with further direction on testing and isolation instructions.
- Students and staff not identified as close contacts do not need to isolate and can return to school on Tuesday, February 16 following the Family Day holiday.
- The school has been disinfected.