In our second update on June 26, 2020, we shared the results of the PWPSD Re-entry Survey, provided answers to your questions, and included a screening tool that must be used at home for daily self-assessment. Beginning in September, anyone who will access our schools for work or education must self-screen for symptoms each morning before leaving home.
- Wash your hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizer often while at school. A sink and/or hand sanitizer may be available in high traffic areas, such as entrances, classrooms, and near high-touch equipment such as microwave ovens and vending machines.
- Wash or sanitize your hands upon entering a classroom; after returning from recess; and before eating.
- Avoid touching your face to reduce the chance of transmission through your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Label personal items and do not share them. Do not share food, drinks or utensils.
- More frequent cleaning of high contact surfaces such as microwave ovens, vending machines, water fountain knobs and buttons, washrooms and shared equipment; and in high traffic areas such as libraries and cafeterias.
- Items that cannot be easily cleaned and disinfected will be removed from schools.
- Buses will be equipped with hand sanitizer, to be used when boarding the bus.
- Buses will be cleaned following morning and afternoon runs. An assigned seating plan will see students from the same household seated together, where possible.
Schedule of PWPSD School Re-entry Planning Updates to Families:
- Update #1, June 8, 2020: Launch of PWPSD’s School Re-entry Planning process and survey.
- Update #2, end of June 2020: We reported on the PWPSD School Re-Entry Survey, and provided a screening tool and answers to your questions.
- Update #3, mid-July 2020: This is your current update, which focuses on the recommended hand hygiene and our enhanced cleaning measures. Please note that Alberta Education will be providing final direction on the re-entry scenario by August 1st.
- Update #4, end of July 2020
- Update #5, early August 2020
- Update #6, mid-August 2020: This update will include our finalized school operations plans for the 2020-21 school year, including transportation plans.