PWPSD seeks a master teacher who is committed to student learning, equity and wellness and who possesses the skills and work ethic to engage students, staff, parents and community in the development of a research-driven, student centered learning environment. We seek a teacher who is truly committed to on-going professional learning and is adept at supporting all staff in their own professional growth.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Education
• Experience and or graduate work in Numeracy or Assessment would be considered an asset
• Able to work as part of a team
• Establish standards and supports for Numeracy
• Guide quality assessment practices to enhance student learning
• Guide Curriculum Implementation
• Facilitate the ongoing use of diagnostic benchmark assessments in Numeracy
• Plan, organize, and conduct teacher training, conferences, or workshops
• Mentor or coach teachers to improve their skills
• Introduce new forms of pedagogy
• Analyze school and district data
• Review and suggest educational materials
Effective: August 26, 2021 (multi year assignment)
Closing Date: Open until filled
To express your interest in this role, click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to email your cover letter and resume, including three references. PDF format is preferred.
Alternatively, you may mail your cover letter and resume, including three references to:
c/o Peace Wapiti Public School Division
8611A – 108 Street, Grande Prairie AB T8V 4C5
For further information contact Kellie Lewis, Director of Human Resources at (780) 532-8133.
Eligible employees may qualify for a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your work and family life; including Life, Disability, Dental, Health and Vision Benefits, and a Registered Pension Plan.
A current criminal records check is a requirement of employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, Peace Wapiti Public School Division reserves the right to check internal and external references prior to an interview. By applying for a position with Peace Wapiti Public School Division, you are authorizing school division officials to contact individuals listed as references, or other individuals/organizations, regarding employment-related and/or professional information for the purpose of determining suitability, eligibility and qualifications for employment.