Temporary Full-Time Mental Health Capacity Building Wellness Coach (202104-063)
Peace Wapiti Public School Division provides service to approximately 5,800 students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in 36 schools and is one of the largest employers in the Grande Prairie/Spirit River region.
School: Peace Wapiti Public School Division
Location: Itinerant throughout the Division
Peace Wapiti Public School District is seeking a Wellness Coach to provide mental health promotion and prevention to staff, students and families. Working as part of a team, this position develops and delivers developmentally appropriate, evidence-based programming that meets the objectives of the MHCB initiative. Delivery of programming involves large and small group work in schools and community settings and focuses on increasing knowledge, building skills and fostering abilities that enable others to better their own mental health and wellness.
- Working with school staff, parents and community members (who work closely with children and youth) to increase their knowledge, skills and competence related to mental health
- Building and maintaining a strong relationship and act as "go to" mental health subject matter experts for students, parents and community partners
- Helping to identify and facilitate access for individuals who need a referral to specialized addiction and mental health services
- Ensuring all documentation is in compliance with HIA (Health Information Act) and FOIP and ensures compliance with all relevant AHS policies
- Familiar with the developmental, educational, emotional, social and recreational needs of children, youth and families.
- Experience with delivering programming and comfortable with public speaking
- Strong relationship building skills
- A related post-secondary degree or diploma in social science, or other combinations of education, training and experience which provide the knowledge, abilities and skills necessary to perform in the position may be considered
- At least 2 years of experience working in addiction and mental health or health/human services related role preferred (experience as a practicum student considered)
- Knowledge of addiction and mental health is required
c/o Peace Wapiti Public School Division
8611A – 108 Street, Grande Prairie AB T8V 4C5
Peace Wapiti Public School Division provides a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your work and family life; including Life, Disability, Dental, Health, Vision Benefits, and a Registered Pension plan. A current criminal records check is a requirement of employment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Human Resources Department
Peace Wapiti Public
8611A - 108 Street
Grande Prairie, AB